CONSENT AGENDA REQUEST
Board of Supervisors Meeting Date:
Melvin E. Bailey, Jr. and Rocky D. Bailey, Owners
Robert H. Rogers, III, Applicant
Deirdre B. Clark Community Development
Topic: PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION APPLICATION (#PP02-L-16)
LEE MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT
The applicant is seeking
approval of a preliminary subdivision plat to divide approximately 49.8
acres of a ± 65.5 acre parcel zoned Residential (R-2).
The platting will result in a cluster subdivision of seventy-six
(76) single-family residential lots. As proposed, lots will range in size
from ±10,000 to 14,868 square feet.
Since this is a cluster subdivision, fifty (50) percent of the site
will remain in open space. The property is located on the west side of
Section 9-7 of the Subdivision Ordinance requires that "…all preliminary plats approved by the Planning Commission shall be referred to the Board of Supervisors at its next regularly scheduled meeting…If the Board takes no action on the preliminary plat referral, the preliminary plat shall be deemed approved in accordance with the actions of the Planning Commission."
The Planning Commission staff reports are available upon request.
Requested Action of the Board of Supervisors:
No action is necessary, unless a
majority of the Board wishes to consider this preliminary subdivision
The final plat shall be in general conformance with the preliminary
accordance with Section 7-600 of the Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance, a
tree canopy calculation, landscape plan and buffer plan shall be provided
with the final plat and construction plans.
3. A Virginia Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) shall adjust the preliminary soil map lines (with revisions) onto the final drainfield plat. This shall be done in the field and checked for any additional soil information to be added to the final scale plat map.
4. Interpretive information from the County Interpretive Guide for each mapping unit shown on the above plat shall be placed on the same soil map. Also, a Symbols Legend shall be placed on the plat map to identify spot symbols.
5. A signature block shall be placed on this plat for the CPSS to sign which
6. The following statements shall be placed on the same plat map; however, different mapping units may be included once the field review is complete:
· "The County recommends that no below grade basements be constructed on any soil mapping units in this subdivision due to wetness unless the foundation drainage system of the structure is designed by a Virginia Professional Engineer."
· "Structures placed on mapping units Fill, 63A, 66A, 67B and 79A will require a geotechnical study and the foundation require the design of a Virginia Licensed Professional Engineer in Accordance with the Uniform Statewide Building Code."
final construction plan must include a Stormwater Management/BMP facility,
as required by the Stormwater Management Ordinance.
This facility is to be located in a separate common lot, the
creation of which will impact the proposed lot layout, access and frontage
8. A homeowners' association maintenance agreement will be required for the Stormwater Management/BMP facility.
9. The SWM/BMP facility shall be designed and constructed with Phase I of the plan and shall address the build-out conditions.
10. The SWM/BMP Facility (ies) should be designed and constructed with Phase I of the plan and should address the ultimate build-out of the site.
11. No encroachment to the FEMA Regulatory Floodplain shall be permitted at the final design stage of subdivision. This will require that all lots adjacent to the floodplain have detailed overlot grading prepared.
overlot-grading plan for the entire site shall be submitted and approved
prior to final construction plan approval, as required by the
13. Open Space areas shall be established to be usable, accessible,
14. A water model shall be prepared with final plan preparation to demonstrate adequate fire flow and hydrant pressures. The system shall be designed to provide looped connectivity to existing infrastructure as well as internally to the project.
15. Utilities shall be designed to follow property lines.
16. The “Additional R.O.W. Dedication” note on sheets 2 and 3 should be moved to the proposed points of access to the development.
17. Implementation of traffic calming measures is recommended at final design.
18. All road
design and construction shall be in accordance with VDOT's
19. Road and other construction shall insure drainage water will not rise higher than 18" below the shoulder of proposed or existing public roads. At a minimum, culverts shall be designed to accommodate the following flood frequencies:
Secondary and Subdivision Streets 10-year
Primary and Parkways 25-year
20. All utilities placed within the highway right-of-way shall be placed on the outer 3 to 5 feet of the edge of the right-of-way. Manholes shall not be located in the pavement or shoulder of highways. Deviation from this condition requires prior approval by VDOT and will only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
within rights-of-way shall not be credited towards satisfying Fauquier
portions of rights-of-way shall not be credited towards open space
and "South" designations shall be removed from the street name
designation shall be removed from the street name "
26. The proposed trail location shall be finalized in coordination with the Fauquier County Department of Parks and Recreation.
27. The trail shall be built concurrently with proposed infrastructure.
Lots 43 through, and including,