Fauquier County Zoning Ordinance authorizes the Zoning Administrator to grant
a modification from any provision contained in the Zoning Ordinance with respect
to physical requirements on a parcel of land (i.e. setbacks, height, locational
requirements). The Zoning Administrator may only approve such a modification
if she finds that
- the strict application of the ordinance would cause undue hardship;
- such hardship is not shared generally by other properties in the same zoning district and the same vicinity; and
- the authorization of the modification will not be of substantial detriment to adjacent property and the character of the zoning district will not be changed by the granting of the modification.
- Land Development Application (DOC or PDF) with original signatures
- $200 fee check
- 3 copies of plan illustrating administrative permit request
- Statement of justification setting forth the reasons for the request, including the reasons why the property cannot comply with the existing requirements.
- CD containing individual PDFs of all submission materials
Date Last Modified: 12/27/2013