BOND ESTIMATE REVIEW
Step 1: Bond Estimate Review
- Land Development Application (DOC or PDF)
- Fee Check: : $450 for bond < $300,000
$900 for bond > $300,000
- Bond Estimate Review Spreadsheet based on County’s Unit Price List with engineer's seal and signature
Based upon the review of the Bond Estimate Submission, the County will set the Bond Amount and Land Disturbing Permit Fee.
Step 2: Posting the Bond
- Letter of Credit or Land Developer’s Bond or Land Disturber’s Bond, as appropriate (Sample documents provided below).
- Land Developer Agreement or Land Disturber’s Agreement, as appropriate (Sample documents provided below).
- The Bond Estimate Review cannot be submitted prior to the completion of the plan review process to ensure the estimate accurately reflects the plan being approved.
- A Bond Estimate Review application may be submitted with (or anytime after) the submission of the final signature set.
- The Bond Estimate Review process may take up to 30 days. Once the review is complete, a letter outlining the required bond amount, setting the land disturbing permit fee and referencing the bond documents needed for final approval, will be sent to the applicant.
- For subdivisions, the E&S bond documents must be received and approved prior to the issuance of a land disturbing permit and any improvement bonds must be received prior to Final Plat approval. For site plans, the bond documents must be approved prior to release of the signature sets, issuance of a land disturbing permit and application for a building permit.
- More information about the bonding process and requirements can be found in Chapter 8 of the Fauquier County Design Standards Manual: Performance Guarantee
Bonding for Public Water/Sewer
- Any project that is served by public water and/or sewer must bond water and/or sewer improvements with the service provider directly. Please contact the appropriate service provider to obtain specific information pertaining to their bond program requirements. Confirmation of water and/or sewer improvements being bonded with the service provider must be demonstrated prior to Final Plat approval or release of the Site Plan.
- Sample Letter of Credit
- Sample Land Disturber’s Bond
- Land Disturber’s Agreement
- Sample Land Developer’s Bond (for Subdivisions)
- Land Developer’s Agreement (Subdivisions)
- Sample Land Developer’s Bond (Site Plans)
- Land Developer’s Agreement (Site Plans)
Date Last Modified: 03/01/2011