LAND DISTURBING PERMIT
FOR SINGLE FAMILY HOME
(WITH AGREEMENT IN LIEU OF AN EROSION & SEDIMENT CONTROL PLAN)
Call Zoning & Development
I) Submission Requirements
- Land Disturbing Permit Application for Single Family Residence
- Fee Check: $200
- $250 additional fee if work started without a permit.
- $50 reinspection fee for Notice to Comply or Stop work.
- If disturbance is over an acre, a VSMP Construction Permit Registration Statement is required.
- Responsible Land Disturber Certification
- CD containing individual PDFs of all submission materials - do not include any financial information (i.e. copy of checks or the fee calculation sheet)
II) Additional Information
- Evidence of valid VDOT Entrance permit required prior to release of Land Disturbing Permit.
- Evidence of an approved Zoning Permit will be required prior to issuance of Land Disturbing Permit.
- The Department of Community Development administers the County Erosion and Sediment Control Program. The Zoning & Development Services reviews and approves the erosion and sediment control plans. An approved erosion and sediment control plan is required prior to the issuance of a land disturbing permit. The Zoning & Development Services also performs bi-monthly erosion and sediment control inspections on all active development projects to ensure that all control measures are properly installed and maintained.
- NOTE: When an erosion and sediment control inspection fails, a Stop Inspection Order will be issued by the Zoning & Development Services and filed with the Building Office, suspending all building inspections until the violations have been corrected. Once these violations have been addressed, the applicant must contact the Zoning & Development Services to schedule a re-inspection to have the Stop Inspection Order lifted. If the re-inspection fails, the Stop Inspection Order will be maintained with the Building Office and Zoning & Development Services, and the applicant will need to submit a $250 fee check for future re-inspections.
Date Last Modified: 06/08/2015