New Items of Interest on the Community Development Web Site:
- The Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) Public Meeting will be held Wednesday, December 11, 2013 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at the “Old” Cedar Run Rescue Squad Building, 3558 Catlett Road, Catlett, VA 20119. Please see the attached flyer for more information regarding this meeting and other ways to provide comments.
- Streamlining the Application Process
- The Zoning Ordinance has been updated through November 14, 2013
- The Department of Community Development’s new fee schedule is effective November 1, 2013.
- Opal Steering Committee Draft Plan - October 8, 2013, The draft plan will be introduced at a Community Meeting on October 22nd at 7:00 p.m. at Liberty High School, (Eagle Room), 6300 Independence Avenue, Bealeton.
- INSIDE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT quarterly newsletter (October 2013). Sign up for e-notification of future publications by clicking on this link: http://ealert.fauquiercounty.gov/ and select the "Inside Community Development" option.
- Comprehensive Plan Update for Natural and Cultural Resources – Seeking Public Input. For more information, updates, or to take online surveys, please visit http://Chapter2.FauquierCounty.gov; additional information may also be obtained by calling Wendy Wheatcraft or David Ek at 540-422-8210.
- New brochures on various topics are now available from the Department of Community Development. Brochure titles include: Tents, Signs for Businesses, Major Home Occupations, Swimming Pools, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, Floodplains, Special Exceptions, and more! Click here to see the categories and list of brochures.
- Archaeology Presentation & Public Archaeology Hands-on Open House - Oct 11 & 12, 2013 (For more information click here or visit http://www.virginiaoutdoorsfoundation.org/events/upcoming)
- New Baltimore Transportation Survey: Take our new survey to help in our continued efforts to update the New Baltimore Service District Plan
- Beginning July 1, 2014, a new Local Stormwater Management Program (VMSP) will in instituted. This 2014 Stormwater Management Factsheet outlines the new stormwater regulations.
- The Subdivision Ordinance has been updated through December 13, 2012
Keep up to date on what’s happening by signing up for email notification on topics of interest:
Date Last Modified: 12/05/2013