New Items of Interest on the Community Development Web Site:
- INSIDE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT quarterly newsletter (July 2015). Sign up for e-notification of future publications by clicking on this link: http://ealert.fauquiercounty.gov/ and select the "Inside Community Development" option.
- The Zoning Ordinance has been updated through July 9, 2015
- Preparing for Tomorrow: Advancing a Community Conversation (6/22/15)
- View land development information in Fauquier County via the Land Development Online Portal.
- Dominion Power Transmission Line Expansion
- Community Development is in the process of updating and redesigning our website.
Please take a few minutes to answer the short Community Development Website Survey and provide valuable information for improving our site.
- Overall Fauquier County ESI Review Process
- CANCELLED TONIGHT, 3/3/15, Southern Fauquier Historic Documentation Project Meeting due to inclement weather
- New requirements for a pre-app application submission. (02/22/2015)
- Beginning January 2015, the Planning Commission meetings will be held on the third Thursday of the month.
- In September 2014, the Board of Supervisors, Water and Sanitation Authority and Planning Commission participated in a groundwater summit to discuss current issues and future needs.
- The Comprehensive Plan has been updated as of June 12, 2014
- The Department of Community Development recent fee changes, EFFECTIVE July 1, 2014. Explanation of fee changes.
- The Subdivision Ordinance has been updated through June 12, 2014
- For Construction General Permit Holders, see changes to the permit renewal process and procedures. Also, click here for information regarding Construction General Permits and forms
- Streamlining the Application Process
- New brochures on various topics are now available from the Department of Community Development. Brochure titles include: Tents, Signs for Businesses, Major Home Occupations, Swimming Pools, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, Floodplains, Special Exceptions, and more! Click here to see the categories and list of brochures.
- Beginning July 1, 2014, a new Local Stormwater Management Program (VMSP) will be instituted. This 2014 Stormwater Management Factsheet outlines the new stormwater regulations. The Virginia Stormwater Management Program FAQ's.
- New Stormwater Management Regulations as of July 1, 2014
Keep up to date on what’s happening by signing up for email notification on topics of interest:
Date Last Modified: 07/30/2015