Disposal information for special and hazardous wastes:
- Friable Asbestos Materials - Contact the Virginia
Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Ammunition -- Call the Fire, Rescue & Emergency Services at (540) 347-6995 or visit http://www.fauquierfirerescue.org.
- Compressed Gas Cylinders – return to distributor.
- Liquids – Contact office for more information.
- Fuel Tanks – Contact office for more information.
- Hazardous Waste - Available contacts
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs – Residential Quantities are accepted.
Available contacts for larger quantities.
- Infectious or Medical Waste – Contact DEQ
- Large Animal Carcasses – Contact office for more information.
- Paint (Oil, or other) - Available
- Petroleum-Contaminated Soil - Contact DEQ
- Radioactive Waste - Contact DEQ
- Rail Road Ties - Contact office form more information
- Septic Tank Clean-Out Waste: for more information, visit the Department of Environmental Health homepage.
Go to our Household Hazardous Waste Information page.
Date Last Modified: 02/02/2015