About the Library
Find Information
Areas of Interest
Support the Library
     home       find books, dvds and more       events calendar       log in to place holds, renew, etc.      contact us
Fauquier County Public Library -- FAQs -- Special Services

Library Home Page > FAQs > Special Services and Misc.

Frequently Asked Questions

Special Services and Miscellany

Will the library provide a proctor for my exam?
The library staff will proctor examinations for students taking correspondence and/or online courses. Arrangements must be made at least a week in advance. Please contact the reference department of your local library. It is the responsibility of the student to provide sufficient postage for the return mailing of the examination.

May I submit a flyer for display at the library?
The library limits the use of its exhibit spaces to library-produced exhibits. The library provides display space for community organizations to disseminate information. All items for posting or distribution must be presented to the Public Information Coordinator or the library branch manager for approval. Library staff will date and place items on the bulletin board or in the information rack. Distribution or posting of items by the library does not indicate endorsement of the issues, events, or services promoted by those materials. Items left or posted without approval will be removed and discarded. For more information or to inquire about posting materials, please call (540) 422-8517 or e-mail Dawn Sowers, Manager of Library Public Services, for more information.

Does the library offer tours?
Group visits are welcomed at all branches of the Fauquier County Public Library system. All groups must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. Please contact your local library to schedule a group visit.

Does the library have a public fax machine?
The library does not provide any public fax service. Patrons may wish to consult with local office supply stores and/or the service desks of local grocery stores. Please ask the reference librarian at your local library for assistance in locating a local provider.

Does the library rent out or allow patrons to reserve meeting space?
The Warrenton library's Program Room is used primarily for library-sponsored programs and activities that supplement and enhance the library’s provision of books, materials, and other services. It may be used by volunteer tutors, patrons who prefer studying in an enclosed space, or groups that need to study together. Please contact Jennifer Schultz at (540) 422-8516 for questions concerning the Warrenton program room.

The Bealeton branch has a quiet study room which can only be reserved by volunteer tutors. Otherwise, it's available on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve the Bealeton library quiet study room, call (540) 422-8500 and press "3."

The John Barton Payne Community Room and the Bealeton Depot are available to rent by the public, other government agencies and nonprofit groups. To download a reservation form and learn more about these two meeting room spaces, please see our Meeting Rooms page.

How do I learn about new items the library has acquired?
Check out “New to the collection“, from the first page of the library catalog. These lists are updated monthly. You may also want to visit/subscribe to the library’s Wowbrary newsletter, a weekly e-mail which highlights new materials and items of interest in the library’s collection.