Marshall Evening Book Club
The John Marshall Library's Evening Book Club meets at 7 p.m. on the last Monday of the month (except where noted with *) at the Marshall Library. New members are always welcome. For more information about the group, call or e-mail Debbie Cosby, (540) 422-8527. The group will be discussing the following selections in 2014:
- Jan. 27: People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- Feb. 24: Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- Mar. 31: Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
- April 28: The Good Lord Bird by James McBride
- May 19: Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya
- June 30: Gaining Ground: A Story of Farmers Markets, Local Food and Saving the Family Farm by Forrest Pritchard
- July 28: The Aviator's Wife: A Novel by Melanie Benjamin
- Aug. 25: The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore
- Sept. 29: Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
- Oct. 27: Joyland by Stephen King
- Nov. 24: The Art Forger: A Novel by B.A. Shapiro
- Dec. 15: Holiday party!
To learn more about all of the library's book clubs, visit our Readers' Tools page.