35 Culpeper Street
Warrenton, VA 20186
To promote the agriculture industry within Fauquier County, to increase the economic viability of farming and to advise the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors on matters affecting the agricultural economy and its development.
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Conservation Easement/Land Use Inspector, Staff
Senior Administrative Associate
Current Events & News
- Fauquier County PDR Program to Accept New Applications starting May 18, 2015 through July 31, 2015. - Application
- "Farmland, The Evolution of a Tradition", a film by James Moil, showing at the Fauquier High School Auditorium, Tuesday, 02/24/2015
- Announcing the 2015 Beginning Farmer Training Program
SAVE THE DATE for the 19th Annual Fauquier County Fall Farm Tour!
Saturday, October 11, 2014. Tour will include stops in northwestern Fauquier County. After the tour, join us for “A Feast from the Field” to benefit the Fauquier Education Farm. Click on the link for more details.
- VDACS reimbursement to growers is available up to $750 or 75% of costs for organic certification. Contact: Kent Lewis at VDACS: 804-371-6098.
- Fauquier County Departments of Agricultural Development and Community Development undertook an Impact of Agriculture Study in 2013. The study utilized the expertise of the University of Virginia’s Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service to examine the local agricultural economy looking at production trends, value-added production, and agritourism. The study also documents the indirect impacts of agriculture throughout the economy.
Click here to read the full study.
- The Northern Piedmont Beginning Farmer Program - Coordinated by Jim Hankins, email@example.com Check back soon for 2015 schedule.
- A new workbook to help farmers plan the transition of their farm or forest property from one generation to another is now available from Virginia Cooperative Extension. “Planning the Future of Your Farm: A Workbook Supporting Farm Transfer Decisions” contains useful information on developing a vision for the future, evaluating your farm resources, farm transfer tools and meeting with professional advisors. Click on this link to learn more. Copies are now available at the Agricultural Development Department office.
- Check out the Fauquier Fresh Brochure (last updated 06/13). If you’d like to be included in this brochure, please contact the Agricultural Development Department at (540) 422-8280.
Purchase of Development Rights Program
Other Relevant County Links
Date Last Modified: 06/25/2015