New Items of Interest on the Community Development Web Site:
- The Subdivision Ordinance has been updated through March 13, 2014
- The Zoning Ordinance has been updated through January 9, 2014
- Streamlining the Application Process
- The Department of Community Development’s new fee schedule is effective November 1, 2013.
- INSIDE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT quarterly newsletter (January 2014). Sign up for e-notification of future publications by clicking on this link: http://ealert.fauquiercounty.gov/ and select the "Inside Community Development" option.
- Comprehensive Plan Update for Natural and Cultural Resources – Seeking Public Input. For more information, updates, or to take online surveys, please visit http://Chapter2.FauquierCounty.gov; additional information may also be obtained by calling Wendy Wheatcraft or David Ek at 540-422-8210.
- New brochures on various topics are now available from the Department of Community Development. Brochure titles include: Tents, Signs for Businesses, Major Home Occupations, Swimming Pools, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, Floodplains, Special Exceptions, and more! Click here to see the categories and list of brochures.
- Beginning July 1, 2014, a new Local Stormwater Management Program (VMSP) will be instituted. This 2014 Stormwater Management Factsheet outlines the new stormwater regulations. The Virginia Stormwater Management Program FAQ's.
Keep up to date on what’s happening by signing up for email notification on topics of interest:
Date Last Modified: 03/21/2014