98 Alexandria Pike- Suite 31, Warrenton Virginia 20186
540 347-3120, ext #3
Our Mission is to provide leadership, technical assistance, information, and education to the citizens of Fauquier County in proper soil stewardship, agricultural conservation methods, and water quality protection so as to ensure the wise use of the county's natural resources.
7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
John Marshall SWCD
PHONE: 347-3120 x 116
PHONE: 347-3120 x 109
PHONE: 347-3120 x 111
PHONE: 347-3120 x 112
PHONE: 347-3120 x 113
PHONE: 347-3120 x 114
- Find us on Facebook!
- Click here to sign up to receive John Marshall SWCD programs, newsletters, and the Annual Report electronically. When signing up, check the box next to the title, “John Marshall Soil and Water Conservation District”.
- Drinking Water Testing Clinic, May 7, 2015
- Conservation Partners for the Piedmont -- Working Together in the Rappahannock River Watershed, April 26, 2015
- Conservation Newsletter (Spring 2015)
- Wildlife Habitat Workshop, Friday, May 1, 2015 in Nokesville, VA
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Election of Soil & Water Conservation District Directors - Nov. 3, 2015
Those seeking election/reelection need to file:
Certificate of Candidate Qualification
Declaration of Candidacy
Petition of Qualified Voters (25 signatures of registered county voters)
If anyone has questions please have them contact the Fauquier County Registrar's office especially concerning candidate petitions. If candidate petitions are completed incorrectly or are materially deficient we cannot accept them. Keep in mind that campaign finance reporting requirements do not apply to Soil and Water Conservation District Directors. The Candidate Bulletin for Local Office is also a very helpful resource document to review.
- Agri-Tourism Symposium – "Free", April 2 and April 23, 2015
- From the Rappahannock, for the Rappahannock – A Celebration of land and water conservation on April 11, 2015
- Teacher's Conservation Newsletter (January 2015)
- The John Marshall Soil & Water Conservation District’s 2014 Awards Presentation
- The John Marshall Soil and Water Conservation District 2014 Awards Luncheon
- Enhancing Neighborhoods & Farms
- 2014 Annual Report
- Time is Running Out on 100% Cost-Share for Livestock Exclusion Practices
- Virginia Small Animal Feeding Operations (including self-assessment checklist)
- Cost-Share Available to Homeowner’s and Farmers in Marsh Run Watershed
- Contact the John Marshall Soil and Water Conservation District to purchase a rain barrel.
- Livestock Exclusion and Rotational Grazing Video
- The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Virginia announces the debut of “Gaining Ground,” two videos promoting the benefits of continuous no-till and rotational grazing systems for Virginia farmers. The local office has a few copies to distribute.
- Rappahannock Conservation Resource Guide
- VA Erosion and Sedimant Control Agricultural and Forestry Exemptions
Other Relevant County Links