Great Books Group
We meet each month to discuss enduring issues and ideas presented through selected readings to stimulate good conversation and hard thinking.
- Dec. 2 - The Rocking-Horse Winner by D.H. Lawrence
- Jan. 6 - The Inherited Clock by Elizabeth Bowen (see Hopkins, Chris. "Elizabeth Bowen" The Free Library 22 June 2001)
- Feb. 3 - Fat by Raymond Carver
- Mar. 3 - Famine by Xu Xi (included in the 2006 edition of O. Henry Prize Stories, SC OHE)
- Apr. 7 - Not a Good Girl by Perri Klass (included in the 1984 edition of O. Henry Prize Stories, SC OHE)
- May 5 - For the Relief of Unbearable Urges by Nathan Englander (available via reciprocal lending libraries)
For more information about the group, stop at the Warrenton Library reference desk or call or e-mail Jeanne Day, (540) 422-8505. To learn more about all of the library's book clubs, visit our Readers' Tools page.
“A good discussion is known by the skill with which participants listen to one another.”