Marshall Afternoon Book Club
The John Marshall Library's Book Club meets at 1 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month (unless otherwise noted) in the Marshall Community Center Cafe. New members are always welcome. For more information about the group, call or e-mail Debbie Cosby, (540) 422-8527. The group will be discussing the following selections in 2015:
- Jan. 14: Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen
- Feb. 11: The Good Spy: The Life and Death of Robert Ames by Kai Bird
- March 11: Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
- April 8: Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
- May 13: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
- June 10: Love, Life and, Elephants: An African Love Story by Dame Daphne Sheldrick
- July 8: Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
- Aug. 12: The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
- Sept. 9: Isaac's Storm: A Man, a Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane in History by Erik Larson
- Oct. 14: Fahrenheit 451 by Kurt Vonegurt
- Nov. 18: A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
- Dec. 9: Holiday party!
To learn more about all of the library's book clubs, visit our Readers' Tools page.