Employment Career Resource Center
The Work Place
What is the Work Place?
The Work Place is a career resource center available to all county residents to assist them in finding employment. The Work Place is not an employment agency and encourages independent job search with multiple resources at your disposal.
The Work Place, Fauquier County’s Career Resource Center, offers the following One-Stop services free of charge:
- Multiple Job Postings – Direct from employers, various WebPages and local papers.
- Assistance with establishing new email accounts and job search WebPages.
- Computer and Internet Access.
- Fax and Copy Machine (donations accepted).
- Resume and Job Preparation assistance by appointment (call 540-422-8422).
- Referral and registration for FREE Computer Classes.
- Information and referral for supportive services to:
Department of Social Service (DSS)
Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS)
SAFE – Services to Abused Families Inc.
Literacy Volunteers of Fauquier County (LVFC)
Virginia Employment Commission (VEC)
GED Services / Adult Education Classes within Fauquier County
Workforce Investment Training (WIA)
Employment Agency Lists
- Job Fair and Recruitment Opportunities
- VEC – Unemployment and Job Registration
- Typing Tutorial Program – Mavis Beacon
- Opportunity to meet with WIA Representative On-Site
Date Last Modified: 10/22/2014