Social Services Offices are located on the 1st floor, Suite 11...
home     government     calendars     what's new     education     doing business     visitors

Medicaid Services


Click here to go to the Virginia Department of Social Services website for more information.

Click here to apply online at the Virginia Commonhelp website

Click here for Medicaid for children, families and pregnant women.

At some point in our lives, we or someone we know may need medical care. To be eligible for Medicaid, you must:

  • be one of the following:
    1. at least age 65
    2. legally blind as determined by the Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Handicapped
    3. disabled as determined by the Social Security Administration or the Medicaid Disability Determination Unit.

  • be a resident of Virginia.

  • be a citizen or lawful alien. If citizenship is questionable, it must be proved. Alien status must be verified.

  • have a Social Security number or show proof of application for a Social Security number.

  • not have countable resources in excess of:

    For Full Coverage Medicaid - $2,000 for one person or $3,000 for a couple
    For Limited Coverage Medicaid - $7,160 for one person or $10,750 for a couple

    Resources are things like bank accounts (checking, savings, certificate of deposit, Christmas club, etc.), stocks, bonds, cash value of some life insurance policies, property that does not adjoin your home, etc. When looking at resources, your home and adjoining property, one automobile, burial plots, home furnishings, property in which you have a life interest and personal jewelry are not counted.

  • not have countable gross income in excess of:

    For Full Coverage Medicaid - $778 for one person or $1,049 for two people
    For Limited Coverage Medicaid - $1,313 for one person or $1,770 for two people and you must be entitled to Medicare Part A coverage.

    Income includes gross Social Security benefits, pensions, wages, interest, dividends, etc.

If you think you might be eligible for adult Medicaid, you should file an application for Medicaid at social services. You do not need to visit the office to file an application. You can request that an application be mailed to you so that you can complete it and mail it back to social services. If you have any questions or need assistance in completing your Medicaid application, contact an eligibility worker at social services. The telephone number is (540) 422-8400.

Date Last Modified: 05/13/2014


Search :
Copyright 2001 - Fauquier County. All rights reserved.