TANF - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
TANF is a program which provides temporary financial assistance
to eligible families with children. To be eligible, a family must
be financially needy and must meet certain other requirements such
as those listed below.
* Maximum reimbursable payment for family size 6
or more is $443.00
Am I eligible for Assistance? - This online service can help you find out if you are eligible to receive temporary cash assistance or food stamps.
You will need to bring the following verifications when applying for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF):
We will need to see proof of:
- All incomes: Social Security, SSI, Veterans, Child Support, Self Employment Incomes, and all wages for the month prior to the application month.
- Social Security Numbers for all household members (to include absent parent)
- Verification of child care expenses
- Birth Certificates for all family members - Agency must view original
- Marriages License/Divorce Decree
- Immunizations of children under the age of 6 years
For more information: www.dss.virginia.gov/benefit/tanf/
Date Last Modified: 07/03/2012