Privacy and Links
- Practices and Policy
Your privacy is important. The text below explains the type of information the County gathers on this web site and how the information is used.
- What information is collected?
For each visitor, the County collects the following anonymous information: The Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, referring site, referring search engine, platform, number of visits, date and time of visit, and pages visited.
- Will any of this information be collected automatically when the web site is accessed?
The information listed above is collected automatically when you access the County's web site.
- How is the collected information used?
The County uses the information collected to track visitor movements through the web site and to identify the most popular and least popular pages. This helps the County to improve the performance and value of the materials available on this web site.
- Is any other information collected?
- E-mail inquiries to the Web Master are saved to identify the types of questions most frequently asked and to be sure that each inquiry receives a response. This helps the County improve access to information most frequently requested.
- Certain interactive applications and requests for assistance collect personal information that you voluntarily provide. Without this information we may be unable to provide you with the requested services or information.
Sending your comments
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, please contact the Webmaster.
The County does not share, sell, or trade any personal information collected on this web site except as required by the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
The County provides links on this Web site to governmental, educational and community organizations which are resources outside the County's control. The presence of these links does not constitute an endorsement of these sites or their content. The County is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, accuracy or suitability of the sites to which we link. The County encourages you to read the Privacy Statement of any Web sites visited.