The Fauquier County Board of Supervisors, elected by the people, serves by law as the governing body of the County. The Board sets goals and objectives; establishes priorities for County programs and services; establishes County legislative and administrative policies through the adoption of ordinances and resolutions; appoints the County Administrator, County Attorney, and members of various boards and commissions; adopts the annual budget; appropriates funds; and, sets tax rates.
- Enable County government to transact business expeditiously and efficiently.
- Protect the rights of every citizen.
- Preserve the physical beauty, heritage, and environmental integrity of the County.
- Plan and implement programs to ensure population growth and development are positive contributions to the general welfare of the community.
- Protect and promote the health, safety, welfare, and quality of life of County residents.
- Promote the interests of Fauquier County at the regional, State, and Federal levels.
KEY PROJECTS FOR FY 2020:
Fauquier County has a variety of issues and interests that require legislative action by the Virginia General Assembly. The Board of Supervisors will review and revise its legislative program to include additional priorities for consideration in the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) Legislative Program as part of its calendar year 2020 package for the General Assembly.