ELECTRONIC MEETINGS PROTOCOL
Remote Public Comment Participation
Until further notice, meetings of the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors will be conducted as an "electronic meeting" pursuant to the May 14, 2020 Ordinance of the Board of Supervisors addressing the continuity of Fauquier County government operations during the pandemic. Members of the public who would like to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors at a regular public meeting of the Board of Supervisors are encouraged to do so remotely in keeping with the County’s efforts to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus and protect the health, safety and welfare of the community.
- Advance written comments may be mailed to:
Fauquier County Board of Supervisors
10 Hotel Street
Warrenton, Virginia 20186
- Advance comments may be submitted electronically to BOS@fauquiercounty.gov.
- Comments during the meeting may be submitted electronically to BOS.PublicComment@fauquiercounty.gov.
- Comments submitted electronically will be read to the Board of Supervisors during the appropriate matter. In making your comments, please specify which agenda item the comments address.
WebEx Virtual Meeting (Audio Only):
- Citizens may make comments directly to the Board remotely via WebEx. Only audio comment is available. Video participation and comment are not available.
- Please do not attempt to simultaneously stream the meeting through Granicus when it is your turn to speak. There is a delay between the live meeting and the video of the meeting viewable through Granicus at the “Watch Online” link below. It is not possible to speak through WebEx while simultaneously listening to your remarks through Granicus.
- Citizens who would like to participate in the meeting remotely require advance registration, no later than 12 noon the day of the meeting by one of the following methods:
- Complete the Online Speaker Card, or
- Contact the Office of the County Administrator at (540) 422-8001.
- All virtual and telephone participants are required to pass a sound check prior to the start of the meeting. Please join the WebEx meeting with a computer or dial in by telephone between 5:30 PM - 5:45 PM on the day of the meeting. Once the Meeting Moderator has completed an audio check, the Citizen will be muted until it is time for each Citizen to speak.
- We recommend the use of earbuds or a headset when speaking to help eliminate background noise.
- Instructions will be made available on this web page prior to the public hearing: WebEx Application and computer configuration instructions.
Join Current Meeting
- Because of the CDC directive to limit gatherings of people in indoor locations, live citizen participation at the meeting location will be limited to those desiring to speak during Citizens’ Time or during a scheduled public hearing.
- Citizens wishing to appear in person should arrive prior to the start time of the meeting. Upon arrival at the Warren Green Building on 10 Hotel Street, Warrenton, VA 20186 you will receive additional direction.
- Please note that due to the pandemic there may be a wait time to speak. All citizens waiting will be outside of the building and are subject to social distancing requirements. All citizens speaking to the Board in person are required to wear masks or face coverings. Anyone without a mask will not be permitted to enter the building and anyone granted entry must wear a mask or face covering throughout the building as a public safety measure.
- Livestream at http://fauquier-va.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=1.
Watch on TV:
- Comcast Government Channel 23
- Comments will be presented to the Board in the following order:
- in person
- via WebEx (audio only)
- written comments to be read into the record pursuant to the above-referenced provisions for e-mail comments.
- Normal rules of order shall apply to all comments and any found to be out of order or inappropriate will not be read or included in the record of the meeting.