ELECTRONIC MEETINGS PROTOCOL
Join Current Meeting
Remote Public Comment Participation
Until further notice, meetings of the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors will be conducted as an "electronic meeting" pursuant to the April 9, 2020 Ordinance of the Board of Supervisors addressing the continuity of Fauquier County government operations during the pandemic. Members of the public who would like to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors at a regular public meeting of the Board of Supervisors are encouraged to do so remotely in keeping with the County’s efforts to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus and protect the health, safety and welfare of the community.
- Advance written comments may be mailed to 10 Hotel Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186.
- Advance written comments may be submitted electronically to BOS@fauquiercounty.gov.
- Comments during the meeting may be submitted electronically to BOS.PublicComment@fauquiercounty.gov. Comments made in this manner will be read to the Board of Supervisors during the appropriate matter. In making your comment, please specify which agenda item the comments address.
WebEx Virtual Meeting (Audio Only): Citizens may make comments directly to the Board remotely via WebEx. Only audio comment is available. Video participation and comment is not available.
- Citizens who would like to participate in the meeting remotely require advance registration, no later than 12 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- Complete the Online Speaker Card OR
- Contact the Office of the County Administrator at (540) 422-8001.
- Please join the WebEx meeting 30 minutes prior to the Regular Meeting start time with a computer or dial in by phone. If using a cell phone, we recommend the use of earbuds when speaking to eliminate audio noise. An audio check will be performed with each Citizen by the Meeting Moderator. Once the audio check is completed, the Citizen will be muted. The Meeting Moderator will stop muting when it is time for each Citizen to speak.
In Person: Because of the CDC directive to limit gatherings of people in indoor locations, live citizen participation at the meeting location will be limited to those desiring to speak during Citizens’ Time or during a scheduled public hearing.
- Citizens who wish to appear in person will be able to speak with the Board through closed circuit television from a separate room. Due to social distancing requirements, citizens will not be permitted to physically enter the Board meeting room itself.
- Citizens wishing to avail themselves of appearing in person should appear in advance of the starting time of the meeting. Upon arrival, at the Warren Green Building on 10 Hotel Street, Warrenton, VA 20186 you will receive additional direction. Please note that due to the pandemic there may be a wait time. All citizens waiting will be outside of the building and subject to social distancing requirements. All those appearing in person are required to wear masks or face coverings. Anyone without a mask will not be permitted to enter the building and anyone granted entry must wear a mask throughout the building as a public safety measure.
Watch Online: http://fauquier-va.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=1.
Watch on TV: Comcast Government Channel 23
Comments will be presented to the Board in the following order: in person, WebEx, written comments to be read into the record pursuant to the above-referenced provisions for email comments. Normal rules of order shall apply to all comments and any found to be out of order or inappropriate will not be read or included in the record of the meeting.