The Clerk serves as
- Recorder of deeds
- Court Administrator
- Probate Judge
- Records custodian
As Court Administrator, the Clerk processes all civil and criminal cases, maintains all court files and records, issues court subpoenas, prepares court orders, and oversees the jury selection process.
The Clerk also issues marriage licenses and files business names. The Clerk's Office is custodian of land records and court records filed since 1759, when the County was incorporated.
The Clerk's Office provides many services to the general public and members of the legal profession. In providing these services this office has maintained high quality and efficient service.
Other Court Links
Virginia Circuit Court Online Payment System to pay fines & costs
- Adult Court Services
- Circuit Court Case Information
- Fauquier General District Court for traffic cases, misdemeanor cases, preliminary hearings, and civil cases under $25,000
- Fauquier Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
- Payment Plan Policy for Fines and Costs
- Virginia's Judicial System
- Church Trustee Application
- Civil Cover Sheet
- Commissioner of Accounts Instructions
- Marriage License Application
- Praecipe Form
- Request for Probate
- Expungement Forms