Application for New and Renewal Permits
for Fauquier County residents only
You may download the application for a concealed handgun permit from the Virginia State Police Web Site. This web site also contains information regarding other jurisdictions that recognize Virginia permits.
You must file the following with the Clerk:
- The original application signed by you. The original application MUST include: Firearms Competence Certificate OR proof of current permit. Effective January 1, 2021, the applicant must present proof of receiving firearms in person. Certifications of electronic training will no longer be accepted.
- The filing fee of $15.00 payable to the Clerk, Circuit Court of Fauquier County.
CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- A copy of one valid form of photo identification issued by a governmental agency of the Commonwealth or by the U.S. Department of Defense or U.S. State Department (passport) per §18.2-308.02.
You may mail the application to 29 Ashby Street, Warrenton, Virginia 20186 or bring the packet to our office in person from 8am - 4pm Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. Please send applications by mail only while the Governor's Emergency Order is in place.
If the application is granted, the concealed handgun permit will be mailed to you. It can take up to 45 days for you to receive your permit in the mail. You may request the Clerk to hold the permit for pickup by you. If the application is denied, you will be sent written notice of the reason for the denial.
Request for Replacement Permit
for Fauquier permits
You may request a replacement permit if the original permit is lost or stolen, or if you need to report an address change or a name change by completing the Request for Duplicate Permit form and paying the required fee.
The fee for the replacement is as follows:
- Request for replacement due to loss: $5.00
- Request for address change: $10.00
- Request for name change: $5.00