Coronavirus updates are available on the Emergency Event Information Page.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Bond. The personal representative is required to post bond to protect the assets of the estate. The Clerk will advise you if you are required to have surety for the bond. Many wills waive surety on the bond of the executor. Surety on the bond is required when a non-resident is acting as personal representative. In many instances, where there is no will, surety on the bond is also required. The surety’s agent must appear at the time of the appointment to sign the bond. The phone numbers of local insurance agencies that provide this service are listed below:


Carr & Hyde - 540-347-2266
Hottle & Associates - 540 351-0862
Hanlon Insurance Agency - 540 347-4460 


Ratcliffe Insurance Agency - 703-368-9271