All Easement Plats must be stamped by the Department of Community Development in order to be recorded by the Clerk of the Court in the Land Records
Private easements that are not being created in conjunction with a zoning or land development application and that do not affect any easement previously approved in conjunction with a zoning or land development application do not require an application form or fee. Staff will stamp the easement plat to indicate that Community Development Review is not required.
All Other Easements
All other easements require an application to the Department of Community Development. In some cases, these easements are shown on easement plats submitted with and processed as part of a site plan, infrastructure plan or construction plan approval and therefore do not require a separate application.
All required easements that have not been processed as part of a site plan, infrastructure plan or construction plan do require a separate application for approval. Once the application is received the typical review time is seven (7) business days. Comments needing to be addressed are sent to the owner and applicant. Once the comments are addressed and the plats are resubmitted our review time is seven (7) days. When the plats are approved we call the owner or applicant to pick up the plats to be recorded in the Fauquier County Land Records.
1. Submission Requirements:
- Land Development Application with original signatures
- $300 Fee
- 2 Plats (Folded) with seal and signature of engineer or surveyor
- A Deed of Ingress/Egress Easement may be required where a private street is proposed
- Easement Plat Checklist
- Does your application involve using an existing Private Road for access? If so, these additional requirements may apply.
- Flash drive containing PDFs of all submission materials – Do not include any financial information (i.e. copy of checks)
2. Submission Requirements (Signature Sets):
- 5 Plats (Folded) with original signatures of the property owners and seal and signature of engineer or surveyor.
- Original signed Deed of Ingress/Egress Easement if a private street is proposed.
- Flash drive containing PDFs of all submission materials– Do not include any financial information (i.e. copy of checks)