Click below for information on the Fauquier County Employee Wellness Center.
If you would like to do a quick rate comparison click below...
- County Rate Comparison Sheet (hired before 7/1/14)
- County Rate Comparison Sheet (hired after 7/1/14)
- School Rate Comparison Sheet (bi-weekly)
- School Rate Comparison Sheet (monthly)
If you would like to do a quick plan comparison click below...
- County Medical Plan Comparison Sheet
- School Medical Plan Comparison Sheet
- Anthem Dental Comparison Sheet
There are three medical plans for employees to choose from. All three plans are through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield. The plans are: KeyCare 15 PPO, HealthKeepers HMO 20 and Lumenos.
Click on the links below for a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC):
- Anthem Healthkeepers 10 Open Access
- Anthem Healthkeepers 20 Open Access
- Anthem Healthkeepers Lumenos
- Anthem KeyCare PPO 10
- Anthem KeyCare PPO 15
Employees can contact the insurance company for your group number and identification number. Below is the contact information:
Fauquier offers two dental plans through Anthem Dental. The first plan is the high option and the second choice is the standard option.
- Anthem Dental plans – 1-888-315-2049
Both plans offer the same coverage for preventative and basic services. The difference between the two plan are that the high option covers 50% of major services (crowns, bridges, orthodontics) and the standard option does not cover these services. If an employee enrolls in the high option dental coverage, they will be required to stay with that coverage for a minimum of two years.
Retirement and Disability Plans
Retirement and disability plans are provided by the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). Benefits vary depending on when you become a VRS member. If you are not currently in VRS and you come to work for Fauquier County, you will be in the hybrid plan. If you are a VRS member, you should know which plan you are in, based on when you became a member. VRS has a brochure that covers the membership requirements for and differences of each plan.
Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Covers full-time employees
- Employee pays 5% of the cost and the county also pays a portion.
- Enhanced benefits for Hazardous Duty Public Safety Employees (LEOS)
Hybrid Long-Term (LTD)/Short-Term Disability (STD)
- We provide LTD and STD benefits (at no cost to the employee) to all VRS hybrid employees
- If you become disabled and are approved for short term disability your income replacement is based on your years of service and would start after 7 days
- Your LTD benefit would start after you have been disabled for 125 days
|VACORP Hybrid Disability Coverage|
|STD Benefits at a Glance|
|STD Certificate of Coverage|
|LTD Benefits at a Glance|
|LTD Certificate of Coverage|
VRS Plan 1 and 2 Short and Long Term Disability:
- Optional STD and LTD benefits are available for purchase by employees
- Provides income replacement if an employee is out of work for their own personal injury or illness.
VRS Plan 1 and 2 Disability Retirement:
- If you can’t work because of a disability that is likely to be permanent, you may be eligible to retire on disability under the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).* The disability may be non-work related or work-related. VRS administers disability retirement benefits in conjunction with a medical board comprised of practicing board-certified physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Additional information is available at: www.varetire.org/pdf/publications/disability-retirement-handbook.pdf
Retirement Health Insurance Credit
Effective January 1, 2018 Fauquier County Government employees who meet the following criteria are eligible for the Retirement Health Insurance Credit:
- Full-time permanent employee
- Eligible for unreduced retirement under the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Have reached the age of 50 years with 20 years of consecutive service with Fauquier County
For more information regarding the Fauquier County Government Retirement Health Insurance Credit click here.
Deferred Compensation Plans
Allows employees to make voluntary contributions to individual retirement plans. Both 457(b) pre-tax and 457(b) Roth post-tax plans are available. These are provided by Voya Financial.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
We offer two FSA accounts. Employees may defer for certain expenses through payroll pre-tax deductions. FSA accounts are administered by American Fidelity.
- Unreimbursed Medical – up to $2,550 annually for expenses you pay out of pocket for yourself and your eligible dependents such as copayments, deductibles, eyeglasses, dental work, orthodontics, prescriptions, etc.
- Dependent Day Care – up to $5,000 annually for expenses outside of your household for the care of a dependent
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We offer no-cost counseling services for all employees and other household members, regardless of your participation in county health plans. Visit www.anthemEAP.com or call 1-800-346-5484 for more information.
- We also offer services for legal/financial/identify theft assistance.
Group Life Insurance
Full time permanent employees are covered for twice their annual salary rounded to the next thousand dollars (i.e. $32,800 would be $33,000). In the event of accidental death, coverage is for four times the employee's annual salary. In the event of dismemberment as defined in the policy, coverage is an amount equal to the annual salary. This plan is mandatory and the county pays the premium. Deductions are processed on an after tax basis the second pay period of each month. The plan is administered by the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) and underwritten by the Minnesota Life Insurance Company.
Employees with basic group life insurance coverage are also eligible to purchase additional life insurance coverage for themselves, their spouse, and dependent children through the Optional Group Life Insurance Plan.
Optional Group Life Insurance
The VRS optional group life insurance provider is Minnesota Life. Members who are covered for basic group life insurance may purchase optional group life insurance coverage in an amount equal to one, two, three, or four times salary, not to exceed $500,000. Members are responsible for paying the premiums for optional life insurance coverage through payroll deductions.
Participants must buy this coverage within 30 days from date of hire. Spouses may be added to the optional life insurance program within 30 days of marriage. Participants may add a newborn within 30 days of the date of birth.
If a participant does not purchase optional coverage as a new employee and later requests coverage, each family member to be covered must complete a health status declaration. Based on this information, Minnesota Life will decide whether or not to issue a policy.
The additional coverage ceases upon service termination (conversion option available) and upon retirement. Participants may continue coverage after retirement by applying within 30 days with the VRS.