The Fauquier County Employee Recognition Program provides you different opportunities for acknowledging staff members, peers, and colleagues. This can be given in many ways—through saying thank you, giving praise, providing opportunity, or showing respect. Workplaces that have recognized their employees for achievements, acknowledged that one's contributions matter to the organization and the opportunity for growth and professional development have a considerable impact on employee satisfaction and commitment.
We encourage all department heads, managers, supervisors, employees and citizens to submit nominations for the Employee of the Month (EOM) Award. All nominators must identify themselves as anonymous nominations will not be considered. The winners will be recognized at a Board of Supervisors’ meetings.
This program is sanctioned and conducted under the authority of the County Administrator.
- Qualifying acts are going above and beyond normal duties, setting a good example for others, handling a challenging situation and noteworthy customer service rendered to customers of County government, fellow County employees, citizens and the public at large.
- All full-time and part-time employees in good standing who have completed their probationary period are eligible to be nominated for the EOM.
- An employee or group of employees shall be nominated by a Department Heads/Constitutional Officers, managers, supervisors or staff members. In addition, any member of the public may nominate an employee or group of employees for the award. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Nominations will be accepted at any time, however, nominations received after the 10th of each month will be considered for the following month.
Each EOM award winner will receive an award to represent the accomplishment of Employee of the Month. The winner will be posted on the County Human Resources portion of the website.
Employee of the Month Procedures
The Employee of the Month Award Nomination Form is available through the Fauquier County Website. Select "Human Resources" then select "Employee Recognition."
The nominations will be evaluated and selected using the following established criteria:
- Degree to which the employee(s) handled a specific problem, significant difficulty or challenging situation.
- Degree to which the employee(s) "set an example" for other County employees to emulate.
- Degree to which the employee(s) went "above and beyond" their normal duties and assignments, including extraordinary effort, time, creativity and resources.
The County Administrator will present the EOM Award to the selected employee(s) at their place of work or some other appropriate location, usually during the first week of the month. A certificate for a day off will also be presented.
A special letter of acknowledgment and appreciation will be sent from the County Administrator to each employee nominated for the EOM Award. A special "Thank You" will be sent to each nominator, as well.
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to: Janelle Downes, Director of Human Resources, at 540-422-8301 or Janelle.Downes@FauquierCounty.gov